Czech Republic - Libcice - Tursko (GFS 27 km 18.08. 12 UTC)
logo Su
18.
Su
18.
Su
18.
Mo
19.
Mo
19.
Mo
19.
Mo
19.
Mo
19.
Tu
20.
Tu
20.
Tu
20.
Tu
20.
Tu
20.
We
21.
We
21.
We
21.
14h 17h 20h 08h 11h 14h 17h 20h 08h 11h 14h 17h 20h 08h 11h 14h
Wind speed (m/s) 4.9 4.7 2.9 3.7 3.4 4.2 2.6 1.8 1.5 0.8 1.4 4.4 7 2 1.8 1.5
Wind gusts 8.6 8 4.5 9.3 6.5 7.3 3.7 2.4 2.6 1.6 2.4 6.2 13.6 3.5 2.9 2.7
Wind direction WSW SW SSW W SSW WSW NW ESE E E NE NNW NNW W NNW N
Temperature (°C) 28 29 25 18 18 20 22 19 17 18 19 19 16 15 18 19
Rain (mm/3h) -     0.8 6.3 5     0.6 1.3     3.3      

Toshiba Camileo P10 II.

As I mentioned before, the stock lens of Camileo P10 camera has too large focal lenght ( small view angle ), which is negatively affects the quality of video. The wide angle lenses are available on Range Video site. Those lenses are good quality and perfectly fit to the original lens bracket on Camileo P10 camera module. BUT ! Those lenses have not IR filter which is needed. So I examined original stock lens and discovered that in this lens the last element is just that IF filter. It is a thin flat glass disk IR coated by IR protector. Bingo !! The original lens is in plastic, so i will be able to cut it carefully and hope the IR filter will not destroy.

After few minutes of of careful work with a scalpel i got it ! I tried to stick it by double-sided adhesive tape on the back side of the new wide angle lens and .... works great !

Just cutting it - all elements together in lens

All elements are out but last one is glued :-(

Got it ! Great !

New lens in the slightly modified lens holder and rest of original lens

Ring of double-sided tape for carpets.

Glued Infrared Filter.

The entire sensor module attached to the servo.

As i said few times, new lenses perfectly fit into original lens bracket. It is not exactly true. The original bracket must be slightly modified. First, the new lens is longer than original and have different focal lenght. It means that must be far away from sensor chip, but the bracket is not long enough. However, the bracket can be mounted in reverse, which means that lens is far away the sensor chip. It is perfect a lenght is enough. But it brings a new problem, light penetrates around the bracket :-( So i have to make some light shield around the lens up to sensor chip.

...

As a shield I use a piece of dowel with diameter 14mm. I cut a 5mm ring from that. It perfectly fill the gap between the lens holder and sensor. So no more light leaks out of the lens.

For infrared filter attachment, i used ring of double-sided adhesive tape for carpets, due to have this filter removable in the future.

Due to lens is not too perfectly fit to lens holder thread, I put a piece of paper between the lens holder and lens thread. Thus I reached considerable strength in the rotation, so after focus it is no longer necessary to fix the lens, there is no chance to spontaneous rotation.

It remains just to attach the lens to the positioning mechanism (for a start I choose only one servo for lateral rotation). For this I used a piece of the original cover of the camera and the servo lever. I bolted the sensor module to servo lever by two screws. The assembly with the aircraft is referred HERE